Muscle Nation Custard Casein VS Red Dragon Nutritionals Protein Mousse
MUSCLE NATION CUSTARD CASEIN PROTEIN VS RED DRAGON NUTRITIONALS PROTEIN MOUSSE
Ingredients & Nutritional Panel
- It's a tie. Both products contain the same ingredients you would find in a casein/protein dessert product. Depending on the flavour you select, some come with real inclusions (real cookie pieces in Muscle Nation's Cookies & Cream, real choc popping candy pieces in Red Dragon's Choc Popping Candy flavour) taking the experience to another level.
- Both products are gluten free and 'gut friendly', meaning they're extremely pleasant to eat and shouldn't cause any stomach discomfort / bloating + gas.
- The macros are very similar across both products. There's only a gram or two difference between the two with some of the macros varying between flavours.
Flavours & Taste
- Muscle Nation wins this one, only just. Muscle Nation has over double the amount of flavours than Red Dragon's (14 flavours to 6 at the time of writing this article), meaning more selection and more variety to choose from. All 14 flavours are delicious and taste exactly what's marketed on the tub.
- Red Dragon's flavours are also delicious and very enjoyable. In our opinion, it's a tie in regard to the actual taste of the product however, we're giving the round to Muscle Nation simply because of the extensive flavour selection customers can choose from.
- Red Dragon hands down! As the name suggests, Red Dragon's mousse provides a silky, smooth, mousse like consistency. It's actually incredible just how good this looks when you mix it up. Muscle Nation's custard also provides a nice consistency but in comparison to Red Dragon, it's just not the same.
- We also find Red Dragon's mousse is a lot easier and quicker to mix up in order to reach that silky, smooth texture where as Muscle Nation takes a bit more time.
Value for money
- It's a tie. Both products sell for $79.95 on Supps42.com (free shipping Aus wide included) with 25 serves per tub. This equates to $3.20 each time you have a bowl of custard/mousse deliciousness.
- It's another tie. Both products are marketed as a yummy, sweet, high protein supplement designed to be enjoyed as a before bed or late night dessert alternative. They both curb any sweet/ice cream cravings you might find yourself having and make for a great, macro-friendly alternative.
- Even though they sit in the 'protein dessert' collection, you can still enjoy both anytime of the day as well as add into your creative, cooking recipes. Due the type of protein sources found within each product, they are actually perfect for baking and creating yummy, high protein treats!
- As mentioned previously, they are both gluten free and 'gut friendly' which for a casein product, is absolutely fantastic in that they shouldn't cause any stomach discomfort or bloating + gas.
- Muscle Nation Custard Casein Protein - 4
- Red Dragon Nutritionals Protein Mousse - 4
Tie-breaker - Our opinion
- If we personally had to choose one over the other, we'd go with Red Dragon Nutritionals Mousse. Both products are very similar and very evenly matched, however as an overall protein dessert eating experience, we prefer the mousse over the custard. It's the texture and the consistency that does it for us. This combined with the yummy flavours and delicious toppings we add in, truly make for an amazing late-night, before bed meal.
Please note - Any views or opinions represented in this article are personal and belong solely to the business owner and do not represent those of people, institutions or organisations that the owner may or may not be associated with in a professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organisation, company, or individual.