Cookies & Cream Protein Meringues
COOKIES & CREAM PROTEIN MERINGUES
Nothing beats a poppable holiday treat. You know the ones we’re talking about — they come in a dish, there’s a bunch of them and you just can’t stop dipping in for seconds, thirds, and then they’re gone. These Cookies & Cream meringues are no exception. They take a bit of effort and time on your part, but once you take your first bite, you’ll know it was time well spent. Invite friends and family to enjoy just how good a low-carb dessert can be
Yields: 7 Servings | Serving Size: ~ 4 cookies
Calories: 100 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Net Carb: 5g
Total Carb: 11g
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: ~1.25 hours (total oven time) | Total Time: ~2 hrs
- 2 egg whites, room temp
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Quest Nutrition Cookies & Cream Protein Bar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg whites into a glass bowl and use a handheld mixer to beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Add in the cream of tartar and vanilla extract.
- Continue to beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the powdered erythritol and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer the mixture to a large freezer bag and cut the corner to create a piping bag.
- Pipe kisses onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the kisses for 70 minutes. let cool.
- While the kisses are cooling, increase the oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the Quest Bar into small pieces and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled, place the bar pieces into a nutribullet or blender and blend until fine crumbs form.
- Transfer the crumbles to a small bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring until smooth.
- Dip each meringue kiss into the chocolate and then the bar crumbles.
- Repeat until you have dipped each kiss.
- Chill them in the freezer for 5 minutes
My Kitchen Supps?