Blueberry Walnut Crunch Slice
BLUEBERRY WALNUT CRUNCH SLICE
A blast of juicy blueberries coupled with the crunch of delicious walnuts in this plant based slice of heaven. Flavoured with Macro Mike's new Blueberry Muffin Protein with hints of cinnamon to bring this easy to make recipe to life. Great for a vegan snack or for anyone looking to fill their tummy on a moist slice in between meals!
- 1.5 cup flour, gluten free self-raising
- 1 scoop of Macro Mike Blueberry Muffin protein
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 100g vegan butter, cold and chopped
- 2/3 cup of almond milk
- 1 flax egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 125g of fresh blueberries
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan.
- Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Sift flour, protein powder and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar.
- Rub in butter with your fingertips, until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press 300g of mixture firmly over base of prepared pan.
- Add milk, flax egg and half the walnuts to remaining crumbs.
- Stir until well combined and mix in half of blueberries.
- Spread over base.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts and blueberries.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180 degrees Celsius) for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked when tested.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan.
My Kitchen Supps?